A Little Bit of Everything in KCK
We’ve all heard of Kansas City, Missouri, but did you know KC extends into the Sunflower State of Kansas and is a unique area in its own right?
Home to just over 150,000 residents, KCK is a diverse city located in the heart of the United States, just west of the Kansas-Missouri border. With a variety of dining and entertainment options, choosing your own adventure is a breeze—discover something for everyone throughout the city’s 5 historic regions, from Midtown to Downtown.
The Big Draws
Kansas City is home to the renowned Kansas City Speedway, where spectators can witness NASCAR tearing it up on the racetrack. Score tickets to the AdventHealth 400 in May, the Hollywood Casino 400 in September, or a concert held at the Speedway. Just across the street is Legends Outlets, your dream locale for all things shopping and fun. Stroll through over 100 shops to find your next favorite clothing item, catch the latest movie at AMC Legends 14, or attend one of the many amazing events hosted throughout the year. The best part? Avanti Residential has two communities located under 10 minutes away from both outstanding venues—Prairie View at Village West and Village West. More of a history buff? KCK is rife with historic spots; visit the Quindaro Ruins Overlook to see the lost town of Quindaro or the Grinter Place State Historical Site to check out the gorgeous 1857 Georgian Vernacular home, the oldest farmhouse in Kansas. Explore the great outdoors Wyandotte County Lake and Park, a 1,500-acre wooded and 400-acre marina area complete with a kids’ fishing pond, boat rentals, bridle trail, archery range and more. Retreat to tranquility with the ultimate glamping experience with Suite Tea. Let’s not forget the many murals, sculptures and statues that decorate the entire city, from the El Baile de la Vida mural to Bird Lives memorial sculpture at the Charlie Park Memorial.
For Foodies and Beverage Fans
- KCK is the barbecue capital of America! Take a trip to local standbys Slap’s BBQ, Joe’s Kansas City Barbecue, and Woodyard Bar-B-Que for all your pulled pork, rib-tips, and smoked meat fixin’s.
- Every day is #TacoTuesday on the KCK Taco Trail. Visit any of the city’s delicious taco spots, including Bonito Michoacan, GG’s Barbacoa Café, POIO Mexican BBQ, and Taco Republic.
- Sweets calling your name? KCK has you covered. If you’re a donut, pie and pastry fan, visit Hana’s Donuts or Upper Crust Pie Bakery. Ice Cream lovers won’t want to miss Kaleidoscoops KCK!
- Rowe Ridge Vineyard & Winery: Stop by the first vineyard in Wyandotte County! If wine is what you’re into, then you will love the tasting room at Rowe Ridge. Enjoy $8 wine flights that include 6-8 wines and a souvenir wine glass to take with you.
- Boulevard Brewing Company: Just over the Kansas-Missouri border, the largest specialty brewer in the Midwest—Boulevard—has been brewing fresh and tasty beers since 1989. Stop in for a tour any day of the week or grab a six-pack to-go.
For Sports Enthusiasts
- KC Monarchs: Baseball fans won’t want to miss this! Catach a KC Monarchs game and watch the 2021 American Associations champs knock it out of the park.
- Sporting KC: Kick it up with Kansas City’s own soccer team Sporting KC. Snag tickets to an upcoming game at Children’s Mercy Park.
- Kansas City Speedway: Race cars are a-go! Attend a race at the Speedway, with events including the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series Race, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series & Dutch Boy 150 Doubleheader, and the Hollywood Casino 400.
For Outdoor Adventurers
- Zip KC: Soar over the Kansas River at top speeds with Zip KC. Stretching across 5,800 feet, there are plenty of zip line adventures to be had, including glow in the dark zipping and sunset date night.
- Big 11 Lake: Love to fish? Big 11 Lake offers 3.8 acres of fishing lake, surrounded by an amphitheater and plenty of spots for outdoor hangs with family and friends.
- Bethany Park: Get in a variety of games, from a tennis match on two lighted tennis courts to a pickup game on the sand volleyball court. Walk around the 8.4-acre park, enjoy a picnic, or visit their rec center with a gym.
For History Lovers
- Legendary Kansans at Legends Outlets: Visit Legends Outlets to learn more about famous Kansans! Over 80 artists, athletes, politicians, and more are featured in the free walking tour. Pair your guide with free educational audio.
- Historic Strawberry Hill Neighborhood: This historic neighborhood was where immigrants from locations like Croatia, Serbia, and Russia settled in the 19th century. Located at the confluence of the Kansas and Missouri rivers, this community is full of historical homes, delicious food, and great businesses.
- Anthology of Argentine Mural: Head to 30th and Woodland to check out 220 yards of mural that traces the Argentine District of KCK. This gorgeous mural was a collaborative effort between seven artists and took 10 months to complete.
For the Nightlife
- 403 Club: You don’t want to miss this unique spot to cheers and play—literally! Hit up the 403 Club for darts, pinball, and more. Bonus points if you partake in their weekly and monthly pinball tournaments.
- Fat Matt’s Vortex: Opened in 1934 just after the repeal of Prohibition, Fat Matt’s Vortex is a great spot with history! Fun fact: the location used to be a drugstore. Visit them in Historic Strawberry Hill and try their mysterious Grog shot.
- The Mockingbird Lounge: Come for the drinks, stay for the live music! Their Songbird Series, in partnership with Manor Records, is a must. Enjoy the industrial background with a craft cocktail in hand.
With so much to experience in KCK, who wouldn’t want to call it home? Avanti Residential offers six amazing apartment communities in and around Kansas City so you can call yourself a KCK resident!
For classic living among vintage digs just 26 minutes outside of KCK, take a tour of Kenilworth in Prairie Village. Nearby are two fabulous communities in Overland Park—Highlands Lodge and Village at Mission Farms, perfect if you want a stylish home with outstanding amenities. If you’re looking to get a little closer for the perfect suburban/city balance, indulge in luxe living at The Locale in Mission. Want to be in the thick of the action? Village West and Prairie View at Village West offer prime locations in Kansas City, just steps from Kansas Speedway and Legends! Wherever you call home, you are sure to love where you live.
Some information courtesy of Visit Kansas City KS.