At Avanti Residential, we do things a little differently. In an industry focused on profit, we put people first. As it turns out, good returns follow! We own and operate 5,700 apartment homes, give or take, in 26 Colorado, Utah, and Arizona communities.
We’re “people people.” Our goal every day is to make living and working with us easy and enjoyable. That’s why exceptional customer service and uncompromising integrity are top priorities at every level of our organization.
When choosing a company name, we came across the story of the famed World War II, Colorado-based, 10th Mountain Division. They were the only American division of it’s size trained to fight in winter and mountain terrain – and were specifically training for an invasion of Italy.
In that spirit, their rally cry was Italian – Sempre Avanti. Meaning “Always Forward.” We saw the beauty and the strength in these words and adopted Avanti as our business name. We’re always looking forward as a company. A secondary meaning of “Sempre Avanti” is “Always Welcome” which serves as a guiding principal for our valued residents.
And we treat our people – from corporate support teams, leasing consultants and community managers, to service technicians and supervisors – the way great team members should be treated – like family! Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; vacation, sick, and holiday pay; 401(k); incentive compensation; tuition reimbursement; and flexible spending account.
Our leaders come from a wide range of backgrounds and have diverse industry expertise. One characteristic they have in common is a commitment to doing whatever it takes to create a positive experience for our residents and a great work culture for our team members.
Chris has been with Avanti Residential since 2019 and brings over 35 years of commercial real estate experience. His long career has included leadership roles in investment, finance, operations, brokerage, acquisitions and portfolio management where he was responsible for more than $6 billion in real estate and led more than $4 billion in transactions with $4.8 billion in multifamily over approximately 125 properties. Prior to Avanti, Chris was a Managing Director with GE Real Estate responsible for leading the equity investment team throughout the western United States. Along with Chris’ 15-year tenure at GE Real Estate, he has held senior leadership positions at MG Properties and MIG Real Estate. Chris is a past member of the California Mortgage Bankers Association and National Multifamily Housing Association.
Chris is a graduate of University of California at Los Angeles where he received his degree in political science in 1983, and is married with two college-aged children. He loves to sail, ski and enjoys spending time outdoors and with his family and big dogs.
SVP OF MANAGEMENT
Brenda was previously a VP at Pinnacle Management in Seattle where she was responsible for operations, business development, and client relations. She oversaw a portfolio of 55 properties for 8000 units and team of seven Regional Managers. Brenda is a 22-year veteran in this industry with experience in multiple roles, markets, and product types such as new construction, renovations, and value-add properties. Her history of success is widespread with other multifamily firms including MG Properties, BRE Properties, Lyon Communities, Orion Real Estate and JPI. In her free time, Brenda's passions are her love for her husband, animals, and the outdoors. She has completed two full Ironman triathlons, about 15 marathons, and competes in numerous triathlon events each year. She is actively involved in the local Doberman rescue organization and has two at home that she rescued. Brenda's adventures have led her to swim, run, and bike through Spain, swim the Greek Isles, bungee jump, skydive, and hike Mt. Whitney Brenda holds a California, Washington, and Colorado Real Estate License. She attended Kings River College in California where she was a member of the woman’s basketball and softball teams.
• Customer Service Idol: Nordstrom
• Has completed two ironman triathlons and 15 marathons, and competes in various other races each year
• Volunteers for her local Doberman rescue and has two rescued Dobermans at home
• Swam, ran, and rode her bike through Spain, swam the Greek Isles, and has bungee jumped, skydived, and hiked Mt. Whitney
DIRECTOR OF EQUITY
Dave serves as Avanti’s Director of Equity. His responsibilities include procurement of equity through high net worth individuals, wealth managers, and family offices. He also assists with investor relationships and fulfilling the needs of current and future investors. Previously, Dave procured over 6.5 million square feet of agency business and negotiated leases and sales in excess of 2 million square feet during his 10 years with Cushman & Wakefield. He oversaw hundreds of transactions totaling over $1 billion in asset value during his 10 years as Regional Manager/Director of Management Services with Grubb & Ellis and as Regional Manager with Marcus & Millichap. As Director of SV Capital, Mr. Osborne was responsible for procurement of over $100 million in equity and $200 million in debt financing. This capital has been distributed through a number of SV resort projects totaling over $1.5 billion in asset value.
Dave is a licensed Colorado Real Estate Broker and a member of NAIOP, ULI, and NACOR. He is also involved with the Denver Chamber of Commerce Business Leaders & CEO Exchange, as well as the Mile High Unit of the American Cancer Society Board of Directors.
• Customer Service Idol: Green Bay Packers, locally owned-highly competitive nationally
• Ski raced in college
• Lives with her rescue dog, Arlo
• A sports guy and competed in every sport. Even participated in most extreme outdoor activities.
• Life goal is to be an influence to his grand kids while they grow and became and integral part of society
DIRECTOR OF ACQUISITIONS
Jason serves Avanti's as Director of Acquisitions. In this capacity he is responsible for asset acquisitions, market underwriting, transaction / due diligence management and business development. His 21-year multifamily career has given him extensive experience and a broad perspective including property management, development, investment and multi-family brokerage.
Jason came to Avanti after serving as Associate Broker with an institutional sales team on a national brokerage platform. In this capacity he worked on a broad range of apartment sale transactions including institutional income, value-add, development equity raises, construction project / pre-lease sales, HUD and/or bond financing, broken condo deals, GP buy outs and ownership entity transfers. Total deal volume during this 7 year period was approximately $2.5 billion in investment sales and transaction management.
Jason graduated from the University of Colorado with a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and in 2006 received a Master’s of Science from Denver University’s Real Estate and Construction Management program. Jason is a licensed Colorado Real Estate Broker and a fourth generation Colorado Native.
• Customer Service Idol: Disney Cruise Lines - "Best customer service I have ever seen, hands down."
• Met the Pope and even kissed the ring!
• Is on a constant search to achieve his dream of someday owning a Bob Ross original painting.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Allison has been a member of the Avanti Residential family since 2018 and has 14 years of experience in the multifamily industry serving in marketing roles with Archstone, Avalon Bay (AVB), Greystar, and most recently, Independence Realty Trust (IRT). She likes to tell people she got into the multifamily industry as a pool attendant for an apartment community in Michigan and worked her way up through the ranks. The bulk of her career has focused on marketing stabilized and lease-up communities, winning California Apartment Association’s Best Marketing in 2010 and 2011, and Multifamily Executive Magazine’s “Best Marketing Campaign” in 2016 for Troy Boston. Allison holds a BA from Western Michigan University in Public Relations & Journalism, and an AFA from the Academy of Art University in Graphic Design with a focus on Print and Brand Identity.
• Customer Service Idol: Zappo’s
• Thinks Oreo Thins are the superior Oreos
• Lives with her rescue dog, Arlo
• Aca-Nerd and terrible beatboxer
• Dreams of converting a school bus into a tiny house and traveling the National Parks
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Margaret Nevarez joined Avanti Residential as Director of Human Resources in 2018. Previously she oversaw human resources and property management operational functions for Monroe Group, a privately held property management company specializing in affordable multi-family housing. Margaret has over 15 years of human resources experience ranging from human capital management to strategic planning and organizational development. Her ability to strengthen the link between people and strategy, as well as recruit, motivate, and retain talent supports the company’s long-term success. Margaret holds a Master’s Degree in Education of Human Resources Management and Organizational Development from Colorado State University and a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management.
• For me great customer service is treating customers with a friendly and helpful attitude. I see that reflected at multiple places I shop, from my neighborhood bakery (Azteca) to Amazon.
• I love to travel and have visited 48 of the 50 US states, Mexico and Europe!
• My goal is to continue to travel and eventually retire in sunny Mexico.
DIRECTOR OF MAINTENANCE
Johani has always had a passion for building, renovating, and improving. He applies his experience to envision a community’s potential and determine how to add immediate value through improvements. Johani is a multifamily professional with 15 years of experience in the industry. He began his career as a Porter/Groundskeeper, and through dedication, hard work, and perseverance, he was promoted up the ranks. Johani has great wealth of knowledge in facilities and maintenance operations, as well as construction and renovation. He has an extensive background in improving underperforming assets through talent development, and the creation of new processes. He has a passion for leading, developing, and training service teams and has earned several industry certifications, including CPO and EPA 608 Universal, Asbestos training Classes.
Johani joined us in 2019 from Radco where he spent 6 years a Regional Service Manager. Johani hold an Associate of Business Administration degree.
• Customer Service Idol: Chick-fil-A
• Enjoys reading, watching the news, spending time outdoors, and his favorite is spending time with his family.
Jeff Carver joined Avanti Residential as Controller in early 2015. He works closely with the management team to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all accounting processes and functions related to Avanti’s multifamily portfolio. Jeff maintains oversight of both the corporate and property-level accounting, and he serves as a key contact for the company’s investor relations. He brings over 12 years of accounting experience in commercial real estate to Avanti’s team. Prior to joining Avanti, Jeff served as Controller for four years at Johnson Capital Group, Inc., a national commercial mortgage real estate firm. During his time with Johnson Capital, Jeff was responsible for managing and performing the corporate accounting for the firm’s nationwide offices and affiliated companies. Before his appointment as Controller, Jeff gained valuable experience as a Senior Accountant with the firm. Preceding his time at Johnson Capital in 2006, he worked in the budget office for the University of Colorado at Boulder School of Arts & Sciences serving as a Financial Service Center Supervisor. Jeff graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
• Customer Service Idol: Mr. Rogers. Every interaction should be meaningful with an emphasis on respect and empathy.
• Camper, youth soccer coach, and fan of the Colorado Buffaloes
• Thinks March Madness should be an official holiday
• Life goal is to travel with his family in order to see and experience as many places and people as possible and to grow through that exposure
BIO COMING SOON...
REGIONAL DIRECTOR, ARIZONA
Amy recently joined Avanti Residential as Regional Director. She has nearly 24 years of experience in the multifamily industry starting in Ohio before moving to the West Coast. She has worked in Washington and California for companies such as BlackRock/Riverstone, General Investment Development/Windsor, and Pinnacle. Her experience includes stabilized, lease-up, acquisitions, renovations, re-positioning, conventional, and affordable assets. Amy attended Lee University in Cleveland, TN.
• Customer Service Idol: Because I Said I Would, by Alex Sheen
• Grew up in small-town Ohio and luckily the city lights of Seattle saved her from corn fields and Folgers coffee
• Loves the outdoors and hiking, road trips, and picking veggies at u-pick farms
• Has a passion for cooking and baking for family/friends and making jam from berries she’s picked
• Has goals of taking a culinary class in Europe and spending a fall in New England
REGIONAL DIRECTOR, ARIZONA
Shelly joined Avanti Residential as a Regional Director in June, 2019. She brings to the role more than two decades of experience that includes oversight of lease-up construction, value-add and repositioning distressed assets. She has managed portfolios in Arizona, Nevada and Utah and currently holds an Arizona Broker License. She has been extremely successful in developing successful teams and mentoring all site team mebers to grow into higher level positions. She is very involved with the Arizona Multihousing Association which enables her to stay in touch with new trends and legislature that effects our industry.
• Customer Service Idol: Amazon – where else can you get anything you want and have it delivered the same day without getting out of your jammies?
• LOVES animals – currently has 5 dogs, 3 horses and a ball python snake
• Has a passion for cooking and baking.
• My husband is my best friend – I can’t imagine my life without him!
• I have two boys in the military – I am a proud Military Mom
REGIONAL DIRECTOR, ARIZONA
Stephanie joined Avanti Residential in February 2019. She began her multifamily career in Denver, Colorado in 2002 as a leasing consultant and was quickly promoted to a manager one year later. She moved to Houston, TX to run multiple sites and became a Regional Manager soon after. Her management portfolio has included all types of multifamily housing, including LIHTC, conventional and Section 502C. Stephanie has over 20 years of managing teams in diverse work settings. Building relationships and helping people achieve their goals has always been Stephanie's top priority.
• Customer Service Idol - Trader Joes and Alaska Airlines – Both companies truly have a genuine desire to make you happy
• Loves living in a big city but my heart will ALWAYS remain in beautiful Montana
• Embraces the thrill of bungee jumping, roller coasters, motorcycles, bridge jumping, and week long music festivals!
• My happy place is out camping when you are surrounded by the tranquil beauty of nature
• At the end of the day it’s not about being the best IN the world, but being the best FOR the world
REGIONAL DIRECTOR, COLORADO
Lindsey joined Avanti Residential as a Regional Director in 2019. She brings to the role more than a decade of diverse multifamily industry experience that includes successful oversight of a variety of communities with a concentration on lease up, repositioning, and value add strategy. Having served in a variety of roles for companies including Riverstone, Greystar, Laramar, and most recently, Echelon Property Group, Lindsey has a wealth of industry knowledge. With a passion for training and development, Lindsey has been successful in developing exceptional teams at all levels. She is committed to building company culture, maximizing operational efficiency, and cultivating and maintaining excellent relationships with clients. Lindsey attributes her success to hard work paired with her enthusiasm for developing high-performing teams.
• Customer Service Idol: Nordstrom
• Closet hippy (save the bees!) who loves traveling to experience nature
• Prefers Coca Cola to Pepsi and SPICY Pad Thai
• Her happy place is patio sunsets with her husband, kiddos, and dogs
• Can apply mascara while walking without poking her eye out
• Dreams of leaving the world a better place than she found it
REGIONAL DIRECTOR, COLORADO
Bio coming soon...
Robert joined Avanti Residential in 2019 and is the Asset Manager for the company. Robert has over 20 years of asset and property management experience. Robert has held asset management roles with Aslan Realty Group, Lyon Management, Shea Properties and most recently Homeunion, Inc. Robert has overseen $2B of multi-family and single family real estate totaling more than 12,000 units. Robert’s abilities include asset management, evaluating acquisition opportunities, managing property renovations and third-party property management companies, and executing property business plans. Robert attended California State University at Long Beach.
Additional Info. / Fun Facts:
• Customer Service Idol: REI (Recreational Equipment, Inc.)
• Goal to own, operate, and ride a mountain bike park in Hawaii
• Favorite dog breed is Boxer
PERFORMANCE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Alicia joined Avanti Residential in 2019 as a Yardi Support Specialist and has a strong skillset in not only Yardi support but assisting and training our onsite team members. Alicia was promoted to Performance Development Manager overseeing both Employee Performance and Training. Alicia has 7 years of experience in the multifamily industry in a variety of roles throughout Washington and Colorado. Alicia is very excited to bring her positive energy and enthusiasm of this industry to our onsite team members to develop All Star performers.
• Customer Service Idol – Howard Schultz “To meet and exceed the expectations of our customers”
• Loves reading books and golfing
• Personal Goal – To visit every Harry Potter World